2014 THIRD THURSDAY GLENS FALLS ART WALK
Join us in Downtown Glens Falls for the first Third Thursday Art Walk of 2013. Come experience the wealth of talent our area offers – visual artists, writers, musicians and filmmakers! Enjoy lectures, artist demonstrations and theatrical performances, as well as our annual Chalk Fest in August and Outdoor Cinema in July and August. Third Thursday is a great reason to get out and about in Downtown, check out some artwork and meet the artists who create it! Third Thursday Glens Falls Art Walk artist receptions are held at various locations around Glens Falls on the Third Thursday of each month, June – August, from 5-8 p.m.
Art Walk maps are available at most participating locations.
CHECK OUT THIS MONTH’S FEATURED ARTIST:
Esmond & Danielle Lyons have beautiful paintings, painted furniture, and jewelry for sale at 166 Glen. Stop by to meet the artists, view their work, and the other unique goods at 166 Glen. Acapella group The Skirts, will be performing a half hour set beginning at 6pm.
|GALLERY RECEPTIONS - Thursday, June 19, 2013 (5-8PM)
1. The Glen at Highland Meadows, 39 Longview, Queensbury – Watercolors by Tina Johnston
2. The Quarry House Retreat, 138 Upper Platt St – no artist during July, check back in August!
3. 6 Pine Street Gallery – Artwork by Ollie Quilop-Locke
4. National Exhibitions & Archives, 12 Pine St – Songs from the Soul
5. Core, 15 E Washington St- no artist during July, check back in August!
6. SKETCH Design Lounge, 8 Maple St- Sketches by Rhianna Hogan-Cerro, Sketch’s owner!
7. 2nd Floor Gallery at City Hall, Curated by NCAC, 42 Ridge St- Drawings by Pamela Stendardi
8. Lapham Gallery at LARAC, 7 Lapham Pl- Whimsically Noted: Jacob Houston, Melissa Hood, Jennifer Yerdon Le Jeune
9. Crandall Public Library, 252 Glen St- TBA
10. Crandall Public Library Folklife Center- Back Track of the Saratoga Race Course
11. 166 Glen, 166 Glen St – Jewelry and Paintings by Esmond and Danielle Lyons * Featured Artist*
Musical Guest: The Skirts, 6pm
12. Rock Hill Bakehouse, 19 Exchange St – Drew Monthie
13. Samantha’s Café and Catering, 11 Broad St- Marika McCoola
SPECIAL EVENTS for JULY:
Rodney A. Bentley, Emotional Adirondack Antiquity at Spot Coffee